Customer Service Advisor
Administration/Office, Customer Services
7 Alpine Way
Open on: 01/08/2022
Closing on: 10/08/2022
Hours per week
Enabled Living provides a wide range of services to Newham residents, including the provision of community equipment; sensory assessment and rehabilitation; trusted assessor assessment, health and social care training and wheelchair & specialist seating services. We employ staff across two sites; the equipment service is based at Alpine Way, Beckton and the Wheelchair Service & Sensory Team, at Chargeable Lane, Plaistow.
Overall Purpose of Job
This is an exciting, varied role and will be based in the Customer Service Team at Alpine Way. The overall purpose of the role is:
- To act as the first point of contact for all customers, their carers and other agencies.
- To manage effective systems relating to customer records, equipment and wheelchair ordering, appointments and bookings or enquiries for deliveries, collections and repairs.
- To ensure the safekeeping of client’s records, maintaining confidentiality and to maintain computer and manual systems of activity information, retrieval and data input when required.
- Liaising with health professionals, customers, families and carers to ensure smooth running of community equipment, wheelchairs and specialist seating service and sensory service.
- Liaise with colleagues in warehouse, driver and wheelchairs team to ensure smooth running operation.
- Manage meeting room and demonstration room bookings and prepare them for external meetings and training
- To work with Customer Service Coordinators and other Senior Managers to help support projects and service improvement initiatives.
- The post holder reports to the Equipment Operational Lead.
- The post holder will work flexibly and work as an effective team member.
- The post holder may be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements.
- The post holder has no line management or budgetary responsibility.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all of the tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties, which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below
- To be the first point of contact to the organisation.
- To resolve customer enquiries effectively, which may be difficult or sensitive using the appropriate body language, listening, interviewing, telephone skills, and rapport building.
- To use effective communications, liaison and working relationships across the service and with external partners. To share information with others observing data protection guidelines.
- To use all available information technology applications and other systems to ensure the efficient provision of information, advice and support to customers.
- To book appointments & manage in line with the needs of the customer and availability of clinic time.
- Co-ordinate and arrange deliveries and collections of complex equipment and minor adaptations to clients. This often involves liaison with multi agency contacts, including; the client and family, prescribers, health professionals, occupational therapist and carers.
- Daily preparation of job sheets relation to the following day’s deliveries, collections and technical jobs.
- Manage plastics cycles, including setting up new, amending and deleting cycles.
- Support the delivery of continuous improvement within the service, by responding to customer demand, reducing and eliminating “waste”, and improving performance and efficiency.
- To participate in service development discussion and implementation of quality initiatives as appropriate.
- Place orders for new NHS stock (plastics).
- Manage meeting room and demonstration room bookings on line and prepare rooms for use to meet requirements.
- To adhere to all appropriate standards, procedures and quality management systems and participate in promoting innovative methods for improving service quality.
- To operate within the agreed operating processes, such as processing of customer requests and use of databases to deliver professional customer service which is relevant, high quality and protects customer confidentiality.
- To uphold and ensure compliance with policies and procedures across the business including Health & Safety, Information Governance (including the GDPR), the Freedom of Information Act, Caldicott and related security and confidentiality policies and procedures).
- To carry out other duties within the competence of the post holder as may be reasonably required from time to time.
|EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY|
|We are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment with the Enabled Healthcare. All employees are expected to understand and promote our Equality and Diversity Policy in the course of their work.
|PROTECTING OUR STAFF AND SERVICES|
|Adherence to Health and Safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact your adviser. If you are not registered with Our Newham Work, please register hear
Contact us for more information