Head of Member Services
General and Operations Managers
Open on: 26/08/2021
Closing on: 03/09/2021
Hours per week
London Community Credit Union
Summary of purpose
To oversee services provided to LCCU’s 15,000+ members with a focus on the following areas:
• Significant loan growth of the loan portfolio in accordance with the strategic targets set by the board.
• Delivery of key projects and new products to support loan growth and high quality member services.
• Co-ordination of the retail network across four sites in conjunction with the Deputy Head of Member Services and branch managers.
• Ownership of customer service and experiences across the retail network, telephony and online
• Ownership and management of current account offer for members.
• An effective and consistent function for the recovery of bad debts.
Develop a strategic and entrepreneurial approach to growing the credit union’s loan book to include product, customer segmentation and customer focus. This will include:
- Developing innovative ideas to broaden the appeal for LCCU loans through use of technology and the marketing budget.
- Raising the community profile; devising and delivering a plan to add new members each year.
- Delivering and managing loan initiatives including partnerships with local government and other special projects.
- Delivering P/L targets, working with the Deputy Head of Member Services and branches to drive increased volumes via initiatives and targeted promotions
- Continuously identify means to improve customer experiences across online, telephony and branch networks.
- Drive strategic improvements of the collections process.
• Manage and review the risk profile of the loan book, through oversight of credit underwriting standards, regular monitoring of loan cohorts.
• Ensure that loan delinquencies are within the limits as stipulated by the board.
• Work with the Deputy Head of Member Services to ensure branches are providing services in a safe, economically prudent and consistent manner.
• Work with the Head of Operations to ensure effective risk management policies and processes are followed effectively.
• Working with a deputy to deliver member services to a high quality and consistent standard across branches, telephony and online (and overseeing complaints).
• Ensure due diligence of loan applications with regard to members’ financial status, credit and property evaluations to judge approvals in keeping with the risk appetite of the organisation.
• Oversee all aspects of the Loan process including approvals, up to a certain limit, and the maintenance of internal controls.
• Oversee the operation of automation with the loans process alongside the Head of Operations.
• Work with other managers to deliver operational and technological changes with a view to managing costs, increasing loan issuance and improving member services.
• Oversee the Collections function in the issuance and recovery of loans, providing technical input as required.
• Ensuring the Collections function is taking a consistent, targeted and measurable approach to debt recovery underpinned by documented processed and in a manner in keeping with credit union values.
• Provide line management of the following: Deputy Head of Member Services; Collections Manager; Loan officers (2).
• To provide monthly reports to the CEO and board to include loan growth, explaining variances from targets, advising on product segments and recommending changes.
• Be an integral part of the management team contributing to the delivery of LCCU’s objectives
• Review and develop all policies, procedures and loan agreements to ensure compliance with regulations, internal service standards and quality assurance
• Ensure loans are processed within a timely manner with an efficient service.
• Ensure adherence to internal underwriting policy and regulatory requirements of the FCA, PRA, anti-money laundering schemes and the prevention of financial crime.
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual and strategic plans for loan growth in conjunction with the Head of Operations to ensure maximum revenue growth.
• Act as a leader; hold weekly team meetings, train and develop staff to ensure a first class service, providing guidance and support as required.
• Carry out project work at the request of the chief executive.
• Co-ordinate the handling of loan appeals and staff loan decisions through the Credit Committee.
The post-holder will be required to carry out some weekend and evening work.
Results Orientated – Experience in providing direction and the development of strategic goals for the organisation. To ensure staff act professionally, ensuring that the best principles of member care are followed in order to achieve the Credit Union’s objectives.
Leadership – An experienced team leader with the ability to motivate team members. To mentor staff to ensure they meet the standards expected. To support efficient operations for members. To observe and uphold the principles of Equality of Opportunity.
Interpersonal skills – A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to engage concisely and effectively with people from various backgrounds
Team Player – Experience and willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals and the ability to inspire, motivate and build effective relationships with others.
Flexibility – The ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations.
Analytical thinking – Able to tackle issues and problems in a clear and logical with an attention to detail and readiness to accept challenge and provide challenge to colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field or 8-10 years of experience in the finance sector or in a related area:
• Excellent team player with an understanding and appreciation of credit union values.
• Demonstrable entrepreneurial experience at senior level in growing the loan portfolio.
• Knowledge of retail operations including customer service and cross-selling.
• Effective at using delegation and planning to cover a wide range of responsibilities.
• Good people management skills and comfortable setting targets and using tracking.
• Ability to write and present tactical and strategic solutions for the CEO and board.
• A good understanding of Loan process from application through to issuance and recovery, including risk management, credit referencing and fraud prevention.
• Some familiarity with or experience of marketing channels, particularly social media.
• Familiarity with automated loan decision-making and software such as Excel.
• Creative in development of innovative ideas to increase product appeal.
• Ability to act on own initiative, identify objectives, prioritise work, handle pressure, judge when to consult.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• An understanding of PRA/FCA rules with regard to debt recovery process,
• Ability to present Loans management information to a wide audience including non-finance stakeholders.
• Leadership skills – a self-motivator and team builder with the ability to demonstrate clear, explicit and measurable goals and standards to the team.
Hours per week: Monday to Friday.
Salary details to be provided on initial enquiry.
Please apply by emailing a covering letter to the Chief Executive, Peter Edwards by Friday 3rd September 2021 email@example.com
More information about London Community Credit Union can be found here.
Contact us for more information