Head of Operations
General and Operations Managers
Open on: 26/08/2021
Closing on: 04/09/2021
Hours per week
London Community Credit Union
Summary of purpose
This is a senior role within the credit union with overall responsibility of all back-office services. To oversee the internal management of the credit union and provide effective oversight of the operations, IT and Accounts functions:
• Responsible for the day to day management of a mutual financial services company with 50 staff.
• Work closely with the CEO and Head of Member Services to deliver policies, procedures and systems.
• To ensure departmental costs are managed effectively; approving expenditure within agreed limits; playing a role in annual budget preparation and end of year audits.
• Develop and maintain a plan for technology with a focus on automation of internal processes and streamlining of the member journey.
• Re-engineer business processes to improve operational stability, cost effectiveness and controls.
• Play a role in management committees dedicated to member services and compliance.
• Work collaboratively to further develop targets and establish monitoring around key areas including key financial ratios; cost control; and reconciliations.
• Work collaboratively on strategic submissions such as the annual budget, accounts, financial statements and related commentaries.
• Lead on special projects/initiatives, when necessary
• Develop and maintain an operational manual with a focus on business continuity and operational resilience.
• Manage operational risk exposure including transactional risk, compliance risk, and reputation risk.
• Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements including KYC and AMLR while monitoring internal risk and working with the internal auditor.
• To work with the Accounts department to monitor and control income, expenditure, cash flow and the G/L; and oversee liaison with the external auditor.
• Oversee the preparation of the monthly management pack including P/L; balance sheet; key ratios and key tracking items.
• Ensure the development of and compliance with Accounts policies.
• Oversee the current account back office and digital banking services for LCCU, ensuring all deadlines are met, settlements are completed and the Member Services department receives support.
• Ensure that all debit fraud and risk management processing, reporting and documentation is completed in accordance with regulatory timelines and internal procedures.
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations;
• Preparation and submission of monthly and periodical reports for Board of Directors, local authorities, PRA, FCA and other regulatory agencies.
• Line manager Accounts Manager and IT Manager.
The post-holder will be required to carry out some weekend and evening work.
Result Orientated – Experience in providing direction and the development of strategic goals for management roles and the organisation. To ensure staff act professionally, ensuring that the best principles of member care are followed in order to achieve the Credit Union’s objectives.
Leadership – An experienced team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate team members. To mentor staff to ensure they meet the standards expected. To support efficient operations for members. To observe and uphold the principles of Equality of Opportunity.
Interpersonal skills – A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to engage concisely and effectively with people from various backgrounds.
Team Player – Experience and willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals and the ability to inspire, motivate and build effective relationships with others.
Flexibility – The ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations.
Analytical thinking – Able to tackle issues and problems in a clear and logical with an attention to detail and readiness to accept challenge and provide challenge to colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field or 8-10 years of experience in the finance sector or in a related area:
Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record for adding value to existing and new services
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of financial controls and office management procedures.
• The ability to manage time and workload effectively and possess.
• Good time management and administration skills. Awareness of internal and external customer needs.
• Excellent written and project management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Leadership and people management experience, teambuilding and motivational skills.
• An ability to present financial management information to a wider audience including non-finance stakeholders.
Hours per week: Monday to Friday.
Salary details to be provided on initial enquiry.
Please apply by emailing a covering letter to the Chief Executive, Peter Edwards by Friday 3rd September email@example.com
More information about London Community Credit Union can be found here.
Contact us for more information