Logistics Team Leader
Open on: 06/10/2021
Closing on: 15/10/2021
Hours per week
Enabled Living provide a range of health and well being services that help Newham residents live the lives they want. Our Equipment Service offers a wide range of community equipment, to support people to continue live in their own homes; from small items like commodes and walking frames, right up to more complex equipment such a medical beds and hoists. We work in partnership with a wide range of health and social care professionals.
Our Sensory Service work with residents who are visually impaired, hard-of-hearing, Deaf and Deafblind, to assess and support them to be more independent, safe and confident. We provide specialist, hands-on practical services tailored to people’s needs. This includes mobility training i.e. training to use a white cane to undertake a journey on public transport and helping to identify and access services to resolve an issue.
Our Wheelchair Service assesses and prescribes wheelchairs. Our specialist staff work closely with wheelchair users, their families and seating system specialists to assess and prescribe the wheelchairs to meet the need of the individual. This could be a simple wheelchair to allow users to get out and about, up to a complex seating systems to maintain posture and mobility.
Overall Purpose of Job
• Managing logistics team in compliance with company’s policies and vision
• Leading a dedicated logistics team.
• Ensuring a high quality delivery, installation and technical service is delivered to internal and external customers.
• To manage the day to day logistics operation, using the resource available to ensure all delivery, technician and collections requests are fulfilled by field staff.
• The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance of the fleet vehicles.
• Working in partnership with other team leaders within equipment service to
• To continually look for business improvements and to help identify areas for efficiency.
1. The post holder reports to the Equipment Lead.
2. The post holder has direct line management responsibility for up to 8 driver/ technician staff.
3. The post holder will be responsible and accountable for making effective decisions within the context of their role.
4. The post holder has no budget responsibility.
5. The post holder will be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, and at various locations in order to meet the requirements of the service.
6. The post holder will have specific responsibilities across the service in relation to risk management and health and safety.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact your adviser. If you are not registered with Our Newham Work, please register here