Receptionist & Admin Support
Open on: 10/06/2021
Closing on: 25/06/2021
Hours per week
|To carry out reception, administrative and clerical services in a very busy school to effectively assist in the smooth running of the school, leaving teachers more time to concentrate on teaching. Support the policies and aims of the school and ensure the good social, emotional and physical development of every child.|
|· Welcoming all visitors to the school, undertaking appropriate safeguarding checks and issuing relevant identification and guidelines and maintaining accurate records.
· Maintaining a welcoming and efficient reception area and ensuring all notices and literature is current.
· Being aware of all relevant school activities and current staff to ensure enquiries are dealt with efficiently and directed to the correct staff i.e. progress evening dates, educational visits, extra-curricular activities, detentions.
· Co-ordinating the arrival of visitors to the school, including groups for events and ensuring appropriate staff are advised.
· Answering the main school telephone line promptly, dealing with telephone enquiries, taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly by the most appropriate method.
· Retrieving and replying to voicemail messages promptly.
· Enter and retrieve data from the school’s staff and pupil database, as appropriate, whilst ensuring GDPR procedures are followed
· Ensuring messages are taken accurately and provided to the appropriate member of staff promptly.
· Ensuring the voicemail system is working effectively and reporting faults to the IT team.
· Supporting whole school administration as required.
· Ability to be a school first aider and respond to first aid room visitors as required.
· To contact emergency services as and when required, communicating clearly access arrangements and the location of the casualty.
· To support emergency evacuations for students and staff with mobility issues.
· To produce register print-outs when fire alarm activations occur.
· To provide cover for the Medical Needs Co-ordinator and Administrative Assistant.
· During school holiday periods to provide administrative support to School Business Manager, WRAP Manager and Operations Manager
· Undertaking general administrative duties as required.
Contact us for more information